Friday, March 28, 2014

Postal address?

Several friends have asked me to send them my new postal address.  Sorry, folks, but at the moment, I can't.  From everything I've heard and read, mail sent to the house address will never arrive.


I know Stephen Hawking now says black holes do not exist,
but Bermuda Triangle comparisons are not in good taste these days.

None of the houses have post boxes. I've never seen a mailman (or at least no one recognisable as such). A friend who lives in a posh serviced apartment attached to a boutique hotel says he has received mail there, but that's not my situation.

The general advice is to rent a PO box, which increases the odds of receiving mail. (Note, I did not say receipt is guaranteed, or even pretty damned likely.)  My only reservation with this plan is that the nearest PO branch is halfway across town in a hectic neighbourhood, near the Olympic Stadium.  There's no point in renting a post box if I'm only going to drag myself over there to check it once a month.

Give me a few weeks, and I'll figure out what to do about snail-mail.

1 comment:

  1. Sigh. I wanted to send you postcards regularly since I am on Postcrossing and will be mailing postcards at least once a month anyway.

    ReplyDelete