Thursday, March 27, 2014

The cat-house

A post for all my catty friends...  Most of you asked if the apartment is secure for the cats, and the answer is a resounding yes! In their bid to keep mosquitoes out, the owners have screened every window, and all four doors have screen doors, as well.  The windows also have a metal grille for security.

The front doors, nicely screened, looking out onto the balcony


Maneki has taken to napping in the space between the grille and the window.



Crumpet is still wandering all over the house.  I find her napping here and there, or taking her evening constitutional on the "roof" of the master bathroom.



The balcony will have to be off limits for my cats.  More than once I've looked out from the living room window and spotted a neighbourhood cat perched atop the balcony table.  When I come out to say hello, they invariably bolt.  Clearly they can come in off the street, get under the fence and trot up the spiral staircase to the balcony, which suggests that my cats could make the reverse route.

I'm afraid Maneki and Crumpet would last a matter of minutes in this 'hood.  I heard a cat-fight last night that made all our hair and fur stand on end.  This morning my downstairs neighbour mentioned to me that the PP street cats are the fiercest she's ever seen anywhere in the world.  I think they'd make mincemeat out of my pampered, jet-setting fluffballs.  ("Your cats fly on plane," mused Realtor Jacky.  "I never go on plane.  Not even see all Cambodia province.")

I'm sitting out on the balcony as I type this, and Maneki is yowling at me through the screen door.  Sorry, Fuzzbutt, but I'm not keen on paying your vet bills when you get mauled by a local moggie or run over by a tuktuk.  Life is hard like that.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Look at the huge bathroom ledge that Crumpie is having fun on! What a lovely huge space to chill out in! Lucky kitties! I am glad there are mosquito screens and grills, and the cats are not moping and feeling miserable. They will be quite happy here :) I will come visit as soon as I can!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish there's a 'Like' button here. Maneki is occupying one of the best spot in the house, I think....the next best thing to being out on the balcony. As for Crumpet, I think your house is one big, interesting world to her. :D

    P/S: I bet Realtor Jacky must be wishing he's your cat! :P

    ReplyDelete