Saturday, March 29, 2014

A Shameless Bid to Lure Loved Ones to Phnom Penh, Part 1

Markku, since Putin will quite likely march onward from the Crimea to Finland, why not just pack it up and come to Cambodia (which is hardly a candidate for Russian annexation)?  You could draw maps, I know you could!



...or pour pints for Finnish tourists while their clothes are being washed. Lots of sloshing opportunities here.




Vinca, forget Geneva!  Who would want to live in Switzerland when you could live and work in Cambodia? The WHO office is, quite appropriately I think, on Street 51, AKA Rue de Pasteur.



Kristen, stop fussing about those high shop rents in Boston.  Here in Phnom Penh, we have al fresco barbering.



Charlene, I'll have my bamboo bicycle in a few weeks, I hope, but you can always come here and find work doing the more traditional type of coffin transport.


Is your name not on this post?  Patience, patience -- there's a place for each of you in the Phenomenal Penguin, and given time, I'll find them all!  

1 comment:

  1. Well, this is hilarious! You are finding job opportunities for all of us in places we never expected to work!

    ReplyDelete