Monday, August 4, 2014

Now THAT'S a phenomenal penguin!

Newcomers to this blog who haven't gone back to the initial post may be wondering about the bizarre blog name. The idea came from my Lenovo smart phone, which (whimsically, in my opinion) automatically corrects "Phnom Penh" to "phenomenal penguin". The blog indeed has nothing to do with flightless aquatic birds.

Well, until today.

I saw this article about a recently unearthed prehistoric penguin in The Guardian this morning.  Pretty darned phenomenal, I'd say.



2 comments:

  1. If I were to meet a mega penguin in the street, I wouldn't know whether to run first or to give him a big squeeze and take a wefie with my phone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always loved the expression, "It's like being pecked to death by ducks." Being pecked to death by a mega penuin sounds both more newsworthy and more gruesome.

      Delete