Saturday, October 25, 2014

My fleeting Fleet Street moment

A couple of days after I explored Phnom Penh's abandoned Olympic Stadium, I happened to spot a notice in the margin of the on-line Guardian.  They were soliciting reader photos for a GuardianWitness feature on abandoned sports stadiums.  How serendipitous!

Never mind that I'm an utterly incompetent photographer using the least expensive Canon point-and-pray camera on the market.  It was too deliciously coincidental to pass up.

When I submitted my photo, I'd forgotten that I was logged into the Guardian web site with my cat's Facebook account, so the byline on my contribution has at least, I hope, given the editors some good laughs.

Here it is:  My moment as a Phenomenal Penguin paparazzi.

I regret that no one posted a photo of the abandoned stadium in Tallinn, Estonia.  That's another haunting spot.

1 comment:

  1. I love it that the Crumps has now gained fame in the Guardian. I bet she's their first feline correspondent. Love the photo. Love that little black cat more.

    ReplyDelete